Thursday 5 June 2008

Destination Mondo Land

I’ll be nipping over to Planet Mondo tomorrow as guest blogger, where I’m being let loose at the controls for this weeks edition of the legendary 'Funky Friday' feature. Joining me for the journey will be three mature slices of cheesy listening -- all taken from my personal collection, and Caerphilly (sorry!) converted from vinyl to MP3 for your delectation. Do please pop over and have a listen…

My appearance on Planet Mondo heralds the start of a new regular feature here at Start The Revolution Without Me, which I’m calling 'Cheesy Choonsday'. I'll be diggin’ deep into the vaults at Piley Towers, to bring you a gourmet cheese-fest, as I unearth lost gems from the 60s and 70s. All the tracks will come from LPs that I've picked up at charity shops and car boot sales over the years, the vast majority of which have almost certainly never been released on CD. Download ‘em week by week and by Christmas we’ll have you looking like an extra from Randall and Hopkirk or Jason King!

See you over at Planet Mondo!!

Piley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for those cheesy downloads Ian - its always been an ambition of mine to look like Jason King...

Axe Victim said...

Peter Winguard smells... great!

Mondo said...

Great timing as I'm on a bit of cheese buzz at the mo' too - and will be sneaking a few slices from my own personal cracker-barrel on PM .

Piley said...

Thanks guys...

Hi John - great to hear from you! Let me know what you think of the tracks... i see you and Axe in velvet loons by about October!!

PM - the cheese i've got lined up for you is a bit like that blue veined stuff... initially when you look at it, you think "blimey thats rough", but when you try it, it hits the spot!

see you bright n early tomorrow PM!

Piley